Sunday, November 24

Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?

But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as they thought.

As it turns out, the only thing harder than finding love is keeping it.


Before reading this, bear in mind that this is a novella. Because I did and I went "What the...!!!" when it ended. I just can't get enough of Garrick, okay? Aight.

So after the rather controversial start of their love story in Losing It, this story starts with Garrick and Bliss already engaged and leaving for London so that she could meet his parents. Bliss was already apprehensive meeting Garrick's mother based on how he himself interacts with his own mother during phone calls. That feeling of insecurity may have been a tad overboard but she was young so I totally understood her.

I'm not sure if getting drunk right before meeting your fiancé's parents was the best thing to do but I had a good laugh reading about Garrick's friends back at home. More British-accented men. Woot! Let's just say that when Bliss finally did get to meet Garrick's parents, it didn't start off well. Especially when his mother thought they were marrying in a hurry because she was pregnant.

I didn't want to be scared alone.
You don't ever have to be.
And that's why I felt this was too short because I want Garrick to have babies already. Okay, so we know that Bliss might be too young and that they really haven't settled yet as a couple. But seriously, I repeat, I want Garrick to have babies already. Little Garricks all over a book. I won't be able to take it. Garrick's mom could help babysit. Now, there's a nice picture.

Once again, too short. But more Garrick POV made up for it. Love, love, love. *happy dance*


Final verdict: 8/10. Greadt read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com