Tuesday, December 31

Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren

Picking up where Beautiful Bastard left off, Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan continue their steamy, combative relationship.

Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend. But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, one French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves them wrestling under the covers.


It was a good thing that I learned that Beautiful Bastard had a re-write because this read would've felt like an alien read to me.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this novella. It's always good to read about how a couple continues on in their happy ever after and we all know that realistically, it won't be always happy. There was still the Chloe/Bennett chemistry and I have actually become fond with their little fights.

But despite knowing that there was a rewrite for BB, this one kind of fell short to expectations. Probably because I have read alternate endings to BB? I don't know. I probably would've enjoyed this better if I just read it thinking it was a standalone. But this doesn't mean that I've been put off from reading the rest of the BB series. I will most definitely read each book soon.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com