Monday, December 23

Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley

Stuck in a colorless world, Tyra Masters decides to chuck her old life and starts searching for something. She doesn’t know what it is until she meets her dream man. The goateed, tattooed, muscled, gravelly voiced motorcycle man who plies her with tequila and gives her the best sex of her life. But she knows it isn’t the tequila and sex talking. He’s it. He’s who she’s been daydreaming about since she could remember.

Until he makes it clear she isn’t who he’s looking for.

Tyra slinks away from his bed, humiliated. The problem is, he’s her new boss. She just may or may not have forgotten to tell him that part.

Kane “Tack” Allen has a rule. He doesn’t employ someone he’s slept with. And he lets Tyra know that in his motorcycle man way. Tyra fights for her job and wins it using sass and a technicality. Tack challenges her that if she hits his bed one more time, she loses her job.

Tyra is determined to keep her job and keep away from Tack. But she makes a big mistake. During their head-to-heads, she lets it all hang out and shows Tack she is who he’s looking for. And Tack has had a good woman slip through his fingers, he’s not about to let that happen again.

Although Tack colors Tyra’s world with a vibrancy that’s blinding, being with him means she has to live in his Motorcycle Club world. Full on, no holds barred. And since Tack’s world, not to mention Tack, is a little scary, Tyra isn’t so sure.

It's Tack's job to convince her.


I finally got the courage to start reading Tack's book. While there was the excitement what his story was all about, I delayed it as much as I could because I loved the men in this series so much that I didn't want it to end.

I had gotten to have glimpses of Tack in the first three books of the series that I know there is an awesome hero underneath all that badassness front. Sweet. KA gave us enough build-up to this story that you pretty much know everyone on the story and just knew what the blow-up was probably going to be. Be that there was that touch of predictability, Tack' story still managed to give me surprises. Very good surprises.

Who knew that the badass in the first book would turn to be a dad of two grown, teenaged children? And be great about being one? I knew I mentioned that I already knew he was awesome since I read him in the first book (I actually thought his book was going to the second book because he made that big an impact on me) but I probably had so many awww moments in this book because Tack turned out to be awesome many times over.

The only thing that really irked me was Tyra's propensity to give up on them as soon as they come across the next hiccup in their relationship. But I let that pass (sort of) because her character was indeed not of the badass biker world. She had to grow into that role but she managed to do it well during the entire course of the story. I loved it when shen actually admitted this weakness and promised Tack that she would stop running. Tack deserved that.

The perfect I was looking for was't perfection. The perfect I was looking for was the one.
This book wrapped with a little "goodbye" POVs from the first three couples from the series. I loved that. I may have loathed to have finally come to an end to a wonderful series but I have a feeling that KA knew her readers would feel that way and gave us this closure. Another awww moment right there.

Oh, hey. KA's next series will start with Tack's daughter's story. I bet there's going to be a lot of Tack in it. I cannot wait to read it!

And here's my favorite takeout from the book:
Live life. Do not delay. Ever.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read, must have.


My reviews of the first three books of Kristen Ashley's Dream Man series:
Mystery Man
Wild Man
Law Man

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com