Saturday, February 1

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren

A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.

When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?

Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.


I. Am. Done. Oh, good Lord. CL saved the best for last!

I am almost to the end of this series but this is the last full-length novel in it. I loved, love, loved this book. I will try not to gush about it (too much) but it's gonna be hard.

I should really be sad because I was about to end a wonder wonderful series and yet somehow I was glad to finally get my hands on Will. Figuratively, of course. There was so much build-up to his character in the previous books that I had such a high expectation on this book. Sooo glad it delivered the goods!

Will and Hannah was a delight to read. Was it because I knew nothing about Hannah prior to this book? No glimpse whatsoever and then boom! There are books about friends with benefits and then there are books about friends with benefits. Okay, so Hannah's big brother was really Will best friend in school. But you know what I mean, right? I think this has set the bar for that kind of premise. Wait, there's no I think about. It definitely has.

Friends going into the more-than-friends zone is never easy and this book just pretty much showed how complicated that situation is going to be. I went through all the confusion with Hannah and Will. I ccould just picture how a cute of a couple they made. ***SPOILER*** And that scene right at then when Will was trying really hard to be a friend to Hannah again after she broke it up with him. That right there was beautiful to read.  Ahhh. I can't. 

Long story short, I just went went gooey in just about sweet Will moments but this pretty much did me in: 
I'd somehow always expected love to be primarily a mental state, so I still feel unaccustomed to the physical manifestation of my feelings for her: the way my stomach would grow tight, my skin would start to feel hungry for her touch, the way my chest would press in, my heart pounding blood hard and fast through my arteries.
I can never do justice enough to review this book. Never.


Final verdict: 10/10. Brimming-with-awesome read, must have. (Did you not read the review?)


Beautiful Bastard series reviews:
Beautiful Bastard
Beautiful Bitch
Beautiful Stranger
Beautiful Bombshell

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com