Sunday, May 11

Naked by Raine Miller

Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both...


I finally gave in and started this series because I cannot wait any longer to get to know Ethan Blackstone. I only heared good things about the man. And deservedly so, I think. The fact that he is British makes him an instant favorite. Hey, that's how the wind blows here. Okay?

I instantly loved Ethan and Brynne. I mean, Brynne put up a short fight--I loved that she tried!--but I couldn't blame her for eventually giving in to Ethan's charms. Because honestly, who wouldn't with him?

Books that don't have nasty kinks all over them are always going to be winners for me. I mean, BDSM is so overrated in books these days so coming across books when the characters have a "clean" sexual relationship is what is sexy! And I thank RM for putting out a sensual vanilla relationship that are many shades of sexy and hot. Oh, don't get me wrong, Ethan has dominant written all over his personality but at least there weren't anything here that made me cringe and gave me wrinkles. At least, not yet. But I hope I get to keep a sexy vanilla Mr Blackstone. Oh, yeah.

It was just sad how their connection started. Damn, there can never be anything good that could come out from lying by omission. Nope. And when it blew up on their faces, RM placed it right at the end of this book to keep me craving for the second part of the series. Ahh, I loved this part, by the way. I'm sorry but when a woman leaves a man and makes him crumble to pieces...well, I say, "You go, girl" and I hope she stands her ground for as long as necessary. That should make bring him to his senses and make him work for it.

I somehow think that this a bit short though but considering that this is part of a series, I will let it go. For now. And then let's see how the rest of the story goes along.


Final verdict: 8/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com