Monday, October 6

Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

Dragged on a family trip to Europe’s ancient cities, Becca wants nothing more than to go home. Trapped with her emotionally distant father, over-eager stepmother, and a brother who only wants to hook up with European hotties, Becca is miserable. That is until she meets Nikolai, a guy as mysterious as he is handsome. And she unknowingly finds herself with a runaway prince.

Nikolai has everything a guy could ask for-he's crown prince, heir to the throne, and girls adore him. But the one thing he doesn't have...is freedom. Staging a coup, he flees his kingdom and goes undercover on his own European tour.

When Nikolai and Becca meet, it’s their differences that draw them together. Sparks fly as they share a whirlwind of adventures, all the while dodging his royal guard. But Becca's family vacation ends in a matter of days. Will Nikolai and Becca be forced to say goodbye forever, will his destiny catch up to him, or will they change history forever?


It's not that I've had enough of sexy reads (will never, ever happen, duh!) but I just thought I would spend some time on some little YA reads last weekend. Not to mention that I've been meaning to read this book for quite some time now.

I found this books to be a bit okay. I'm a big fan of stories about royalty, fiction or not, and I thought I'd give this a try. But I realized that the beauty of royalty-based storylines is that the HEAs are just awesome to read about. But that's something hard to guaranteed in a YA book setting like this. Hello, we can't have our main characters married at eighteen, can we?

Not to mislead you but yes, this standalone does have a HEA. But for how long? That's my cynical self asking. But that's just me. I still would like to think this was the forever kind and I hope I'm right.

This was my first AS read and definitely will not be my last. I'll have to scour around for the rest of her stuff. She created some interesting lead and secondary characters and I'm sure that goes the same for the rest of her books.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com