Monday, November 10

Bait by M Mabie

He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist. 
[She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.] 

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him. 
[I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.] 

He’s almost impossible to say no to. 
[She never tells me yes.] 

We’re always fighting. 
[When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up.] 

He makes me laugh so hard. 
[I miss her laugh the most.] 

I'm a liar. 
[She knows the truth, but won’t admit it.] 

Sometimes, I wish I'd never met him. 
[I wish we could meet all over again. I'd do better.] 

His girlfriend knows. 
[The guy she’s with is a fool.] 

I’ll never love anyone like I love him. 
[She doesn’t love me enough to choose us.] 

It was the wrong place. 
[It was the wrong time.] 

It should have been him. 
[It will always be her.]


Ohh, what can I say about this book? If you have read any of my previous reviews, you would know where I stand on the issue of infidelity and how I have faithfulness very high on my relationship must-haves. But seriously though, I seem to gravitate to this plot lately. This is honestly unintentional. I think it's the Fates.

So how to describe this book, really? I had a hard time coming up with a final opinion because I was too torn about how I felt while reading it. Because I was expecting a different turn in the events as I went through the pages that I just couldn't stop, like the Energizer Bunny. I just kept going and going and the next thing I know, I was hooked.

MM did a great jon in putting this story together. I would've quit earlier on in the book but I just couldn't not know what happened to their story. Casey and Blake's love story was complex and complicated. I wouldn't be me if I didn't say they could've uncomplicated things and just had a clean break. God knows they had plenty of opportunities to do that. But then again, I also got the point of the whole story.

So that's why I'm giving more props to MM for keeping the story together even if it had, or despite its, difficult twist. Frankly, this book wasn't a fast favourite for me but if it taught me one thing, it was to never take any love story for granted and expect it to be wrapped up in a happy ever after with a pretty bow all the time. In a nutshell, this was a read full of a rollercoaster of emotions. It was crazy and sad and was actually more human than most stories out there.

I cannot wait to read the next book. Eeeeeep!


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.

2 comments:

Mo Mabie said...

Thank you so much for giving my not-so-simple love story a fair shake. I love you comment about it being 'human.'

Respectfully, Mo

Mo Mabie said...

Whoops. *your

 
design by suckmylolly.com