Monday, January 12

A Week In New York by Louise Bay

Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.

A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.

Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.

It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.


Ahhh, how to begin this review without you picturing me flailing and crying happy tears about how great this novella was? Like I-could-go-days-without-reading-anything-while-I-soak-in-the-awesomeness-of-this-book great.

The chemistry between Anna and Ethan was just amazing to read and, well, experience. It just felt real and I loved how unpretentious their supposed one night stand was. Just like the characters, the story was in-your-face fun and had lots of steamy sex. Yes! What more do you need? Knowing that there pseudo-relationship has an expiration date, reading the book felt like I had to be in there, in the story to make sure that the week they had was something they would never forget. All this despite their promise that it was all going to be about the sex, one hundred per cent no strings attached.

So I just found myself another author to fangirl for. (Yes, there are favorite authors and there are those you fangirl about because favoriting them is too casual.) OMG, I loved LB's writing style. It was smooth, easy, and comfortable reading all through out for me. Don't get me wrong though. I still got euphoric at the highs in this book, still felt butterflies in my stomach in all those romantic scenes, and that ending? To put it mildly, it did a whammy on my heart. That's effortless effective writing.

Must.Get. More. Louise Bay. Books.

PS How friggin' sexy is that cover?! Le sigh.


Final verdict: 10/10. Awesome must-read.


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com