Tuesday, October 29

Grounded by RK Lilley

James and Bianca’s story draws to a close in the explosive conclusion to the Up In The Air Trilogy.

After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire. Is her leap of faith the beginning of something wonderful, or is it too much, too fast?

As James and Bianca feel a growing need for each other that neither can deny, circumstances beyond their control intervene, trying to tear them apart. Amidst the ever mounting threat of a monster who wants Bianca dead, and the constant pitfalls of an indiscreet past that James can’t seem to escape, can these two passionate lovers manage to find their happily ever after?


First, let me just say that I was so glad to find out that the titled chapters were back in this book. There are just so many adjectives we can use to describe Mr Beautiful and what better way to use them than as chapter titles.

Secondly, I was a bit saddened when I started this book because it meant that my affair with James Cavendish was almost at an end. The slut. Oops.

Well, that's how he called himself. It has been established in the first two books in this serious just how promiscuous James was before meeting Bianca. In this, that promiscuity became public fodder--in the form of a sex tape. Bianca might have been open-minded with James' previous exploits but this was one thing he thought was going to top all and end everything with them. 

Once again, the parallels with Fifty Shades were still there but I have stopped counting them. Mainly because there were differences and the most significant one being that James and Bianca did have a dom/sub relationship. Bianca had the kind of past that actually made her more accepting of the lifestyle.

Best things about this book: it had Bianca's, James', and Stephan's POVs; the number of different secondary characters that RKL are writing about in her next series (I am hoping, wishing, and praying for a Damien-Jessa story); James' generosity, relationship with Stephan (I mentioned this in my review of Mile High) and the way he helped Bianca everytime she had nightmares; Bianca's maturity compared to how she was at the beginning in In Flight; and studtastic James Archibald Basil Cavendish III!

And the scene that got me grinning like an idiot: the photoshoot!

Um, so, is there anything you can do about that, Mr Cavendish? This is not an x-rated publication... 
You'll just need to shoot me waist up. You were the one who wanted my girlfriend in the shoot, putting her hands on me. What did you think was going to happen? 
If we could shoot just waist up, that might not be a problem, but it seems to be a...bigger problem than that.
LOL!. I can't. I just can't.

As for my score for this book, I would have given this book a perfect ten. BUT! There's just one thing that didn't sit well with me: James giving Bianca body piercings. Ugh! I hated that part. I am 101% go when it comes to inks but piercings? Nuh-uh, no way. But then there it is.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great read, must have. (Of course!)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com