Sunday, November 17

This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas

THE STUNNING CONCLUSION TO THE THIS MAN TRILOGY!

The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives. She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess.


No matter how may reviews I make about this book, or this series as a whole, and despite the little things that really irked me at some points, the bottomline is that I love, love, love it. My top favorite book boyfriend right now is Jesse Ward. Let me count the whys.

One, Jesse Ward. Him and the fact this God is British. He was sexy in paper so just imagine if he was real and then you start hearing his British accent. I'm a goner just by the thought of all that. I want him. There's no -ish about it.

Two, Ava O'Shea. In most parts of the series, she would usually put up a fight but eventually gave in to anything that Jesse said or wanted. But if there was one person that could bring him to his knees and fast, it was her.

Three, in relation to numero dos, Jesse liked to believe he has the power. That wasn't really true. Ava had the real power, boy, and don't you forget it.

Four, the surprises that just kept on coming on every-other-chapter basis. I couldn't hold my breath otherwise I'd be blue. It was like being made comfortable and being left unawares, and then the author dishes in another hair-pulling Jesse-style issue, right up to the last few chapters.

Five, I loved how some issues that were left lingering from the first two books got all answered in the third and everything were put into perspective.

Six, the twists in this last books put the twists in the first two books to shame.

Seven, the very interesting secondary characters. Even the concierge kept me smiling.

Eight, *SPOILER ALERT*, so Jesse planned for Ava to get pregnant and when he succeeded, it was just endearing how he treated her and the entire situation. He had a book about pregnancy tucked away in his wardrobe, for pete's sake!

Okay, so I'll leave you to read about the rest about the nitty-gritty of the story. Let me just point out a couple of things that really bothered me in this story.

*ANOTHER SPOILER* First, the fact that Jesse took it in his own hands to make Ava pregnant for his selfish reasons didn't sit very well with me. For me, being pregnant is one of the most important things that could happen to a woman and leaving her without a say about it is just nasty. It's our body and therefore therefore it's our prerogative to have the first say in the matter.

Second, I was dying to edit these books. There were typos here and there and I mentally groaned whenever I spot one. Oh, well.

You must forgive me for the lengthy wait on posting these reviews. I couldn't be bothered with posting the review on the second book because I was too much of in a hurry to move on to the third one. And I just had to read the third one twice before I even thought of making the review.

Thank you, Jodi Ellen Malpas, for introducing me Jesse Ward. *crazy grin* Now cue Massive Attack's Angel

I wish I didn't have to say this but: end of.


Final verdict: 10/10. Great must-read, must have.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com