Thursday, December 26

Behind His Lens by RS Grey

Twenty-three year old model Charley Whitlock built a quiet life for herself after disaster struck four years ago. She hides beneath her beautiful mask, never revealing her true self to the world... until she comes face-to-face with her new photographer — sexy, possessive Jude Anderson. It's clear from the first time she meets him that she's playing by his rules. He says jump, she asks how high. He tells her to unzip her cream Dior gown; she knows she has to comply. But what if she wants him to take charge outside of the studio as well?

Jude Anderson has a strict "no model" dating policy. But everything about Charley sets his body on fire. 

When a tropical photo shoot in Hawaii forces the stubborn pair into sexually charged situations, their chemistry can no longer be ignored. They’ll have to decide if they’re willing to break their rules and leave the past behind or if they’ll stay consumed by their demons forever. 

Will Jude persuade Charley to give in to her deepest desires?


This book turned out to be a real surprise for me. I didn't have expectations only that I wanted a break from the series I have been into lately and just wanted to read a good standalone. I'm lucky to have stumbled on this.

The characters were well written. It's different and rare these days to find characters that leap out of the pages. What usually happens is they are just characters you read about in stories. Charley and Jude seemed so real, with pasts you don't wish on anyone. I couldn't help but root for them to make it.

I'm glad that both characters were young. Noone deserved to carry on what they did for years and years on end. But they were mature, strong, and good enough for each other to heal one another.

The story had a good pace. I loved that Charley managed to change Jude from the fast life without even trying and that Jude wanted to change for her. He may have fought it but he just couldn't resist her. Reading about him slowly giving in to Charley makes me all gooey inside. And when Jude helped Charley face the past, I thought that that was one of the best thing that he could give her. And him and for the both of them because they really couldn't truely move forward without facing that particular shadow.

The narrative and dialogue were done well, too, in the POVs of both Charley and Jude. There's just no way not to love that. 

I read this book in one go, never mind that it was late Christmas evening. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. I am definitely looking forward to reading more from this author.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great read, must have.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com