Wednesday, December 25

Play With Me by Kristen Proby

Will Montgomery is a successful professional football player and seemingly has it all. He’s not used to being told no, and certainly doesn’t take no for an answer. So when he turns his charms on his sister’s sexy rocker-chick friend Meg, he’s not only turned down, but met with open hostility, piquing his curiosity and libido. He’s determined to show her that he’s not the arrogant jock she thinks he is, and to get her into his bed.

Megan McBride is not impressed with Will Montgomery, his fat contract, fancy car, or his arrogant public persona. She doesn’t have time for a relationship, and if she’s learned anything in life, it’s that loving means losing, so she guards her heart ferociously. But she can’t deny the overwhelming attraction to the sexy, tattooed athlete, and when Will starts breaking down her defenses and grabs hold of her heart, will she be able to admit her feelings for him, or will her troubled past cause her to lose the first man she’s ever truly loved?


I have loved this book since before I have read it. They say never judge a book by its cover but when you have a cover like what this book has, what am I to do but love it to death? My disappointment was sky high though when I realized the same cover art was used in a different book. It was blasphemous really.

It's a good thing the story pretty much made up for that. I'm a sucker for a good romance (duh!) but when I have an athlete for a hero, I'm pretty much a shoo-in to love it. Never mind that Will Montgomery was a football player and the only thing I know about the sport is next to zero. My favorite sport is football of the European kind. (You cannot blame me because they show thighs there and a good number of players strip their shirts off when scoring despite the threat of being carded. And I have been a Beckhamist since 1996.)

So we have established that I cannot possibly find fault in this book so I might as well as list my favorite moments, in no particular order:
1) The crazy bachelorette party that the girls had for Jules was just that--crazy! I meant, when the ladies got drunk they definitely knew how to have a crazy conversation. I couldn't stop laughing.
2) I just melted at the picture of Will painting Meg's toes. I have a fixation for this scenario. Blame it on a advertisement spread I saw in a magazine a bijillion years ago.
3) Meg's three-date rule. Atta girl!
4) Will's Shelby Mustang. I agree Meg on this. Yes. *nods head*
5) The cover. I must reapeat that.
6) That last scene with Will surprising Meg with breakfast with her brother, Leo.

...and more. Just read it so that you can't accuse me for spilling some spoilers.


Finver verdict: 9/10. Great must read, must have.


With Me In Seattle series reviews:
Come Away With Me
Under The Mistletoe With Me
Fight With Me

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com