Tuesday, December 24

Fight With Me by Kristen Proby

Jules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he's your boss. During the one incredible night they shared, he violated the no fraternization policy...among other things, and it won't happen again. Jules won't risk her career for mind-blowing sex, no matter how much her body and her damn heart keep arguing with her. 

Nate McKenna could give a shit about the no fraternizing policy. He wants Jules and he'll have her. The rules could bend around them, or be damned. He's not a man to be taken lightly, and Jules Montgomery is about to find out just how he responds to being pushed aside after the best night of sex he's ever had. She can fight all she wants, but he'll have her in his bed in the end.


Sometimes I like my books all drama-filled and leaving me a crying mess. Sometimes I like them feel-good. This book is the latter.

KP dished another winner in this book. When I first made the acquaintance of Jules Montgomery in her bestfriend Natalie's book, Come Away With Me, I found her funny and I was intrigued as to the kind of man that she would make worthy of her. Although I had glimpses of Nate in that book, he still didn't quite made an impression. Until this book.

Let me just get something out of the way--I did not get the eight-month wait that Nate did after their first encounter (in the prologue). They see each other everyday since they work together so I think having to wait eight long months was just crazy stubbornness.

Nevertheless, the story made up for it along the way. I loved Nate and Jules' chemistry. Duh, KP is expert on this. Their situation was a ticking timebomb and when it did finally explode, the outcome was kind of expected. That's the sad reality we have these days.

But I can't really find major faults in this book. There was good steam. There was a lot of family. I love a good romance with lots of family scenes in it. I may have a long way to go with this book series and this is just book two but I already feel as if I'm part of the Montgomery extended family. They are just a crazy bunch of warm-hearted, loving, funny, protective, and sexy human beings I couldn't help but love. There was really no other choice.

I just so wished Nate agreed to shoot some sexy couple pics with Jules though. Hahaha! 


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


With Me In Seattle series reviews:
Come Away With Me
Under The Mistletoe With Me

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com