Tuesday, January 7

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance...

For him, life is all music and no play...

When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius...

She's the one to call the tune...

When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on...

Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory... and sin...


I have not read a rockstar series yet and this was the first series that I stumbled into after thinking I wanted to start on one.

Okay, I could not stop reading this book. I loved the characters--they had so much personality that they even leapt out the pages, and I don't mean only the lead ones. This whole rock band is crazy ass hot, hot, hot! I'm a fangirl of real-life bands and just thinking of them living a little like these characters lived puts my brain in a tizzy.

I really thought Brian being able to come up with new music while he was with Myrna bordered on both amazing and ridiculous. The spaced out into his creative world, for chrissakes! There was also the fact that Myrna was a bit older than Brian...but surprisingly, that didn't put me off like it usually does. The characters and the story were well-written enough that I forgot those kind of details that are usually big deals to me.

*SPOILER* The sex! OMFG, there was so much sex, steam, and did I mention sex? Okay, this was the first time that I read a threesome scene. OMG, I couldn't even skip it. I just kept going. Oh, lawdy! And sex while having other people about? Ggg, I can't even.

But the funny thing was that, even if all that sex and steam was taken out of the book, this was still going to be a great read for me. The bottom line was that I loved the characters. The complexities of their relationship as friends and as bandmates was was just too good to read and pass up on just because you frown on a little of bit of smut. It's like reading about a family of hard-living, sex-loving individuals that I couldn't help but love. This book, despite it being Brian and Myrna's story, made a great introduction of the other characters that the rest of the series will be all about.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com