Wednesday, January 8

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning


An ultimatum can break your heart...

Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica...

If you’re not willing to break all the rules...

It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed...

Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure...


I started this series because I was dying for a rockstar/rock band series and this was the first one that I came across with. I can't remember how (I probably clicked one link too many over at GoodReads) but I'm damned glad that I did.

I was surprised to have enjoyed the first book, Backstage Pass. But this one? This was a much bigger, better surprise. After all the surprises that I read on the first book (read it!), I thought that this would follow the same trend. But no! This book was deliciously romantic in a whole different way.

When I first met Sed in the first book, I thought that he was going to be my least favorite member of Sinners. The man just had too much sex with too many women...at the same time. I couldn't have had a more opposite of a first  impression from the real Sed. And that's probably why he became a more endearing character to me because he turned out to be such a great (yummylicious!) surprise.

I loved Jessica's independent streak. I have to admire her for what she did at the start--left her rockstar fiancé so she can pursue her dreams. I don't think a lot of women can or would do that. (C'mon, it's the reality of these things.) And I loved how much she had Sed--huge rockstar!--in the palm of her hands. And together they made one heck of a couple.

In the first book, I had a sense of the kind of great friendship the band had. But in this book, I have changed my opinion. These guys were a family unit. They can get rowdy, rude, and yes, lewd. But at the end of the day, they would be there for one another, no matter what. And OC has thing for almost-killing me: in the first book, a door gets slammed to Brian's magic guitar-playing hands. In this book? Gawd, you have to read the book to know what happened to Sed, Sinner's sexy rockstar vocalist. Yes, it will leave you with a big "noooooo."

Yes, there was too much sex in this book. Not that it needed it but I trully enjoyed the entire read as a whole. The characters are too real and funny and so complex that I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. But maybe I need to have a break, too, because finishing the series means saying goodbye to these beautiful men and I'm not ready to do that yet.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great read, must have.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com