Saturday, January 11

Faster Longer by Colleen Masters

 Two star crossed lovers racing together at breakneck speeds, barreling along at 200 miles per hour willing to destroy everything and everyone in their path. 

Siena can't escape. 

She's trapped now. 

How did she fall so helplessly, recklessly in love with the one man who could single handedly turn her life upside down? 

Harrison has her wrapped up in his strong, muscular, tattooed arms. Right where he wants her. Right where she wants to be. 

Even as the championship is decided and fate comes crashing down around them—betrayal, blackmail, death...all seem like nothing compared to Siena's ultimate secret.


I thought the storytelling in this book was a better improvement from the first two books in the series. I don't know if that was really the case but I found it more comfortable reading this one than the others.

This book continued Harrison Davies and Siena Lazio's story after the whole world found out about their secret relationship. Although it wasn't their intention to hide their relationship from the world and almost everyone close to them both, they were pressured to do so since they come from rival teams in the F1 world. Coming public was something that they had planned doing on their own terms. But someone was out to maliciously bring their relationship into the open to disctract Harrison and Siena's brother, Enzo, from their bid to the driver's championship.

If I thought Harrison didn't man up enough in the second book, he pretty much made up for it in this book. Even after Seina walked out on him after their story was exposed (plus a few more embellishments), he still braved going to her turf--to her family, in the midst of a rival team, and despite that he was Enzo's closest rival in the championship and Enzo hated his guts.

The characters have developed quite well in the course of these three books. This was probably the book I enjoyed best in the series, so far. There were still some good twists when I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore by the plot. The only con (no pun intended) though was identifying who was behind all the rumors being spread about Seina and Harrison. I may have mentioned who I thought was guilty when I reviewed the second book. I'm glad I was right.

Some of the irregularities from how Formula One really works still bothered me a bit. But I have let all that slide and have accepted that this series has simplified it enough to make it more readable by non-F1 fans.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


Take Me series reviews:
Faster Harder
Faster Deeper

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com