Thursday, February 20

Consequences Of Deception by Ella Fox

Once upon a time, girl met boy and a love story began.

Their future was assured until tragedy struck and deceptions were made.

There are consequences to every action, and the Consequences of Deception are always the most punishing.

Sloane Evans lost nearly everyone that she’s ever loved, but losing Killian Brandt left a scar that never healed.

Four and a half years after turning his back on her, Killian steps back into Sloane’s life in the most shocking of ways, giving her no choice but to abandon her life and go with him.

Why would a man buy a woman that he hates?

Not everything is as it appears.

Love is beautiful, revenge is ugly, and lies destroy lives.

Prepare to discover the Consequences of Deception.



I don't know why but this book got me intrigued from the first time I knew about it. And I guess that interest never waned even until after I have read the book.

This was my first Ella Fox. And it was gooooood! To say the least.The story started off with a great prologue that will leave you loving Killian right off the bat. You have no other choice. And with that, I read the book in one go. Never mind that I am swamped with meetings this week at work, I can lose the sleep for one night.

These were well-written characters and the story was well-paced. I loved that this was in Sloane's POV but we also got a bit of Killian's POV when it mattered. I also loved the fact that it was a story of young love, betrayal, regret, revenge, secrets, and most importantly, deception.

The entire story was a rollercoaster. There were highs and there were lows...that made me want to scream Noooooo! Because just when I thought I have a happy ever after in my hands, another secret or deception comes out of the woodwork. I had to wonder when it would stop.

But I'm so glad I got this book. An HEA in one book--imagine that! Quite rare these days, don't you think? And if I thought the prologue was great, huh! you have to hurry up to that epilogue--awesomely sweet! This one definitely goes to the favorites shelf.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com