Thursday, February 13

Full Steam Ahead by Valerie Chase

Seven days aboard a luxury cruise. 
The perfect getaway from it all. 
At least, that’s what Georgia Cantwell is hoping for...

With her inbox filling with menacing emails, Georgia just wants to run away from her shattered life on her sorority's winter break cruise. What she doesn’t need is green-eyed Jace McLaren seeing through her tacked-on smile and stealing her breath away with each tantalizing kiss. 

Growing up with a father in jail, Jace knows from experience that if you’re going through hell, there’s no way out but through. He has always steered away from girls like Georgia with her ice-queen attitude, but she’s in real trouble, and despite himself he pushes past her walls.

As much as Georgia tries to ignore it, Jace won’t let her pretend with him. But she can’t tell him the truth. Her past would ruin his trust, her family, her future—everything. 

But out on the open ocean, there’s nowhere to hide. And when Georgia’s secrets come tumbling out, it might take more than Jace to get her through the storm.


I had to check to make sure that this was really a debut novel. Waaaaaah! I enjoyed reading this so much. It was sooo goood! (When I overuse my vowels, it's usually a sign.)

I loved that this book packed the lighter side of YA feel, just a little touch of naughty, and with some adult twist to the storyline. I'd say a well-packed NA. When I read the blurb, I thought it was going to be just the usual YA romance fare. I've never been more glad to be wrong.

This was my second Jace in a week. What's up with that? And it's only Wednesday! Ha! So they were, uhm, quite on both extreme ends of the spectrum on some expects but equally sweet though. I loved almost every character in the book. I couldn't even fully hate Georgia's ex. The only one that really irked me was the girl who dared to put her paws on Jace. Long story short, the secondary characters were very likeable so I have a feeling I won't have a hard time reading the next books in this series.

I actually thought this was a standalone when I first stumbled on it. And it turned out that it isn't so I now love and hate it. I love it becase that means I get to read about Jace and Georgia some more in the next book/s. I hate it because I will need to wait for intervals of months for the succeeding books. Bummer.

I still can't believe that this is a debut though. Nevertheless, I am looking for more stuff from VC. I. Can't. Wait.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com