Tuesday, February 11

How (Not) To Be Seduced By Billionaires by Marian Tee

My name is Yanna Everleigh. I used to think that being an old-fashioned virgin would be enough to keep gorgeous, sexy billionaires away--well, the kind who didn't do love, at least. But I was wrong. If anything, it simply made my billionaire want me even more.

His name is Constantijin Kastein. He blows hot and cold, arrogant and cynical one moment and then disarmingly sweet the next. He makes me forget all about waiting for true love and just go for mind-blowingly hot sex. He makes me want to be his, even though he seems to want other women, too.

But he's also Netherlands' #1 playboy, and I'm my own worst enemy. I must be on my guard.

Maybe if I tell him first that I love him--maybe if I pretend that I don't see the coldness in his eyes when we talk about that word - pretend that I don't feel him putting distance between us when I ask for something he's not yet ready to give - maybe he'll finally realize that he doesn't have to seduce a woman who loves him. He just has to love her back.

Or not.


This series was originally released as three separate novellas: Chased, Courted, and Caged. Since I read the entire thing as one whole book, my review will be for the entire series.

What I liked about this read: it was hilarious, romantic, had great sex but nothing eeky, had fun secondary characters (that deserve their own stories/novellas/books...if you have read this and think that Drake and Alyx wold make a great couple then I think I love you), had good pace, and ***SPOILER*** a begging, crying hero in the end. I just melt into a puddle when they do that for their ladies. Mmm-hmm.

What I didn't like: there were too many name-dropping and pop culture referencing, and the story telling could also use a bit more polishing. The writing was good and enjoyable enough but I really wanted the narration to be more solid.

Nevertheless, this turned to be a quick one-sitter for me. Some reviews point to this as some sort of a Fifty Shades rip-off but what the heck, I really enjoyed the characters' quick banter and fluid exchange. This was easy to go through and even easier to finish. Trust me, I just suffered through a few days of reading funk and this helped me in getting back to the grind. With that said, it's guaranteed that this will not be the last MT book that I will be reading.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com