Tuesday, February 11

Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning

There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone. To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil.

Aggie doesn’t have much use for men–besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet–but Jace isn’t like her usual clients. His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart.

When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.


My jaw may have hit the ground a bit too hard when I read my first Olivia Cunning, Backstage Pass. This is my third read by her...and I have since then seized to be surprised anymore by just how sinful the characters in her books can get. I woudn't have been surprised if the book incinerated by itself while I was reading it. It was that steamy. Phew!

But what kept surprising me with OC's work was that despite the many steamy scenes in them, when you take them all out, whatever's left was still a very good story to get lost in. The characters remained interesting and the stories remained intact. 

Going into this book, I didn't know what to expect of it really. Just like how he (thought) was wanting himself to be in the band, Jace kept a low profile. Unlike the other members of the band. Because he was the newest member of the group, he had the misconception that the band thought him as inferior to the rest of them. Never mind what he thought what the others would think about his unusual sexual lifestyle. Which couldn't have been farther from the truth. 

I have come to really like the guys in this series so much. Yes, they could be a bit (a bit?!?!?!) debauched in their sexual exploits but OC was able to create very great characters. They were good friends and the most unusual family of rockstars that I have had the good sense to read about. I had these ridiculous urge to giggle whenever they manage to put themselves in some funny and/or embarrassing situations. And then cry when they start dragging their skeletons out of the closet.

All in all, I was glad Jace got to find Aggie. I had a book funk whilst trying to finish this book but wanting to find out what eventually happened to the love story of these two pulled me out of that. Jace had his peculiarities but with Aggie with him, he eventually became more normal. Still a hot rockstar but sort of normal. That's hard to achieve when one was a member of the Sinners band.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


Sinners On Tour series reviews:
Backstage Pass
Rock Hard

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com