Tuesday, March 4

Down London Road by Samantha Young

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may—or may not—fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo’s, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo’s secrets even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece.


And I was right--Braden and Adam from this series had some very big shoes to fill. Seriously. I loved the first 1.5 parts of this series so much I could cry and that was why I thought this was a bit of a letdown. The bar has been set.

Samantha Young still did an amazing job on this book. I still love her storytelling and I am determined to see this series through. Maybe this is a just a bump along the way. 

It could be that the start of Cam and Jo's story didn't really impress me that much and you know what they say about first impressions. Cheating doesn't impress me at all and that was all I could see right off the bat when I started reading this book. Bothers me, bothers me, bothers me. But as soon as that part of the story is done with, the story quite picked up from there and I was only too happy to zap my way through it.

There were some good points and the ending was kind of okay. I think the hardest part would be just get through the first part and all was alright in the end. 

I just hated that there was a Becca, a Malcolm, and a Blair in the story. That is all.


Final verdict: 6/10. Okay read.


On Dublin Street series reviews:
On Dublin Street
Until Fountain Bridge

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com