Friday, March 21

Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley

Lanie Heron isn’t looking for love—no surprise, considering her last serious relationship nearly got her killed. So when Lanie propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club...

For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable. She’s too polished and too classy for his tastes. But when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can’t say no. And he doesn’t regret it when he finds that Lanie is the best thing that’s ever happened to him—in or out of bed. Now the trick will be to convince her of that.


So I finally got my hands on Lanie and Hop's book. I never thought I'd see the day. Or I just never thought this two would end up together. Never ever thought about it. 

I first met and (sort of) got to know Lanie and Hop all the way back from a totally different KA series, in Tack and Tara's book--Motorcycle Man from her Dream Man series. I had a different opinion of Hop back then and the same with Lanie. And that was why I never imagined they'd end up together.

I totally understood why Lanie was apprehensive about being in a serious relationship after what happened to her a few years back. Which was the absolute pits! It may have showed her loyal streak but it definitely didn't show her great taste in men. Nevertheless, I'm just glad that Hop came to her rescue. Well, she propositioned him first. Is what. *silly grin* Well, good on you, lady. I also liked Hop's bull-headed determination to stick by Lanie knowing how much she went through in the past. Bad boys are just awesome!

Although I liked the story well enough, there was just a little bit of something missing, a little bit of that usual feeling I have when reading KA, although I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Nevertheless, this still left feeling good and who doesn't look forward to their next KA read?

*** SPOILER *** Had I known that Hop could play the guitar and played in a rock band in his teen years, I would've gotten my hands earlier on this book. That picture alone sold me.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.


Chaos series reviews:
Own The Wind

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com