Tuesday, March 18

Entwined With You by Sylvia Day

The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires… 

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession...


This is my most favorite book in the series...so far.***

I liked how some lingering questions in the first two books got closure in this book. I liked how, despite the common premise, this book still managed to surprise me in some ways. 

***SPOILERS*** I would, however, like to think that Gideon did not kill Nathan because I would not want that in his conscience. Please let this be another a-ha moment later on in the series. Especially since SD does those so well. I love the secret wedding twist. And I don't have to explain why because who wouldn't?

But I hate the twist to Cary's story. He could be an idiot sometimes but I don't think that his character particularly deserved what happened to him. But I have high hopes for him and I hope that my ending of his story eventually happens somewhere in the later books.

I totally get now ladies' obsession for Gideon Cross. I mean, who wouldn't want to be Eva, right? Just her present though. I would not wish her past on someone I don't like.

*** I really thought that this series was just a trilogy. And I thought that with how the story was going here, everything will be wrapped in by the time the last page came. But, no, they effing did not get wrapped up and by the time I got to the last page, I was probably left there with the biggest WTF face ever. Whyyyyyy? I do not get it. This series does not need anymore installments. And then when I checked just now, I found there are going to be two more. Something better be fantabuloustic in between those pages or this series is going downhill...fast.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


Crossfire series reviews:
Bared To You
Reflected In You

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com