Sunday, March 2

Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young

Before I got my hands on this lovely novella, I just had to read this:


An On Dublin Street Christmas

This was a very short read. But I am never going to complain about any read that has Braden Carmichael in it. I know better. I will read anything that has him in it. Anything, I tell you. Ha!

This was still a great read, happening before the epilogue of On Dublin Street during Joss and Braden's second Christmas together. Although technically, they were "not" together on their "first."

Long story short, Braden was his usual awesome self. And I want a Braden Christmas of this year. Here's hoping.



Ellie Carmichael had a crush on Adam Sutherland, her brother, Braden’s, best friend, for years, and although Adam treated her with proprietary concern he made it clear he thought of her only as a little sister. 

Over the years, as Ellie’s crush develops into love, her romantic idealism makes it difficult for her to move on. To make matters worse, as she’s gotten older, Adam’s attitude has changed toward her. His affection for her is now joined by attraction, but his loyalty to Braden, and his fear of losing the only family he has, stops him from claiming Ellie the way she wishes he would. 

But one night his attraction is put to the test, and as much as Adam would like things to remain the same everything changes between them in a simple brush of the lips. 

Soon lust, love, jealousy and heartbreak combine to force change upon their relationship...and Adam discovers the hard way that life is too damn short to spend it on regret.


When I was reading ODS and reading about the sparks between Adam and Ellie, I was thinking that there better be a book for them. It looks like all I'd be getting is this novella. Adam had always been Braden's bestfriend while Ellie has always been his sister and reading about them ending up together before really reading about their story was the epitome of an anticlimax. Once again, I shan't complain because holy guacamole...ADAM!!!

What have they been feeding these guys when they were kids? Braden was perfection so I guess it didn't come as a surprise that his bestfriend was going to be one, too. Ohmygod, ohmygod! *fans self*

Finally reading about how long Adam was really in love with Ellie was a relief. Or even back then, that their lives and their entire friendship was a preparation for what was to come. There's no more room left for wondering. But it made me sad that they had to wait until Ellie had a scary medical incident before they decided that they can be together. Blast all gentlemen! Well, not really. But they could've saved themselves from all that heartache.

I must say, Braden and Adam are going to be hard acts to follow in this series. Make no mistake about it. 


Final verdict: 9/10. Great reads. Mmmmmm.


On Dublin Street series reviews:
On Dublin Street

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com