Thursday, April 17

Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre

Brad De Luca is incorrigible. The premier divorce attorney in town, he is a forty-year old walking hunk of sex, bedding half the town, including his own clients. Brad is used to getting whatever, and whomever, he wants, and when the newest intern arrives - Julia Campbell, a pre-law student fresh off a failed engagement - he embraces the challenge. Only, happy in her new independence, the last thing Julia wants, or needs, is an older man who could destroy her job prospects, and possibly her innocence.

Julia is confident in her sexuality, and her effect on men. But she is far out of her league. Before she knows it, Brad is stretching her boundaries and opening up a forbidden world of sensual and sexual exploration.


There are so many adult books out there that seemingly have the same premise that I sometimes feel resigned to picking up something and not expecting to be surprised anymore. It's always a relief to be proven otherwise.

And I was really surprised in a very good way about this book. I know reading about threesomes is still something that I have yet to get used to--although I honestly would rather do without them. Two's enough for my senses, thank you very much. But when I said surprised, I meant that this was my very first Alessandra Torre and I loved her writing style--straight-forward, fast paced, and relateably simple. It didn't take long before I finished this book a few hours.

I also loved Brad and Julia's chemistry. Their story was as straight-forward as AT's writing style. I am not a fan of the lifestyle that they practiced--or Brad did and convinced Julia to do it, too--but it was somehow downplayed enough in the story despite it still being a significant part of their story.

Bottom line is that I am glad I started reading this series. Although it's always hard to refuse a read when the blurb starts with saying that the hero is incorrible. Ha! I can't wait to get my hands on the rest.


Final verdict: 8/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com