Friday, May 23

Room For More by Beth Ehemann

Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

Three months ago, I found something I haven’t had in years. 

Hope. 

That hope came in the form of a sexy, carefree hockey player named Brody Murphy. He swooped in and won me over with his big heart and the way he cared for me…and my girls. When they look at him, they see the father they’ve never had.

Now, my past and present are colliding and the outcome might just be too much for me to bear. Can I make the right decision when I’ve spent my whole life making the wrong ones?


I fell so hard for the first Cranberry Inn book that moving on to the second book is a natural progression. Or not. Because I really wanted to wait for a few more days before reading this book. I am not ready to say goodbye to Brody Murphy yet.

And true enough, this turned out to be another fantastic story to read. When Kacie's past came back in to her life and her twins', she had no other choice to keep it quiet until after Brody's hockey season was over. But then we all know what happens when someone lies, even by omission, and even with the best intentions. My favorite part has got to be the scene when Brody and Zac met for the first. Brody got all territorial and called himself Kacie's twins father. My heart just melted into a puddle right there.

But I loved how everything turned out in the end--that Brody was a man big enough to share his girls with their real father. I understood when he got angry the first time when he found out that Zach was back in Kacie's life because I wouldn't want to be lied to either. But the ending was just great--I loved knowing that they can all have a peaceful life together for the kids' sake. This was just an outright heartwarming story that is worth maybe a second read. Ha, I did. 

But here's a question: WHY does Beth Ehemann only have these two Cranberry Inn books published? I want more of her stuff.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com