Thursday, May 22

Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning

From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.


I have to admit that Olivia Cunning has become my guilty pleasure read. I mean, I probably would not last the entire book if I read some things I read on her stuff on other books not written by her. She makes the nasty into good reading and I just love her characters.

And this book is no different. It has been some time since I have left off this series but it felt great to read about the rockstars of Sinners again. This bunch is one heck of a dirty-playing smutty hot guys! Sorry, that's the best I can come up with. 

But if you haven't read the first few books in this series, you would not understand when I say that these smutty reads are actually more about family than anything else. Sure there's romance and the hot, steamy sex and the concerts and the wild fans. But the bottomline is that, the stories in this series are full of familial connections bad, good and better. And the best family is? The Sinners members themselves. This book continues to tell that story. And OC never fails to make me fall in love with her characters all over again. And the new ones, too.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


Sinners series reviews:
Backstage Pass
Rock Hard
Hot Ticket

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com