Friday, June 20

A Lot Like Love by Julie James

The FBI wants her cooperation...

As the daughter of a billionaire and the owner of the city's top wine store, Jordan Rhodes is invited to the most exclusive parties in Chicago. But there's only one party the FBI wants to crash: the charity fundraiser of a famous restaurateur, who also happens to launder money for the mob. In exchange for her brother's release from prison, Jordan is going to be there—with a date supplied by the Bureau.

Agent McCall just wants her...

As the top undercover agent in Chicago, Nick McCall has one rule: never get personal. This "date" with Jordan Rhodes is merely an assignment—one they're both determined to pull off even if they can't be together for five minutes before the sarcasm and sparks begin to fly. But when Nick's investigation is compromised, he and Jordan have no choice but to pretend they're a couple, and what starts out as a simple assignment begins to feel a lot like something more.


What is it with JJ's books that make me stick to them like glue once I actually start reading them? Okay, so it took me some time to start with this book after I put it on top of my TBR pile because I got sidetracked. But when I did get stared, there was just no stopping. 

Nick McCall is one heck of a sexy FBI agent! Well, JJ always writes amazing characters. I mean, the fact that Nick had to share some page time with Jack Pallas and still be hot? That takes talent to keep our man at that level of hotness because we all know from the first book in this series that Jack is cut from the same cloth.

The cracking chemistry between Nick and Jordan was really a joy to read. Right from their very first meeting, I knew it was going to be such hoot once they get together. A hoot and so, so damned hot!

Once again, there was zero time spent in boredom reading this book. I've already mentioned how much I loved reading about Nick and Jordan. But as always, JJ gave us secondary characters that are so great making me wish this was a thousand pages long and make sure everyone gets their HEAs. Just because.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


FBI/US Attorney series review:
Something About You

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com