Saturday, June 28

Night Owl by M Pierce

At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano is a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.


Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...


Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah. Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable.



The blurb, the idea of the book got me hook, line, and sinker. I was beyond intrigued by how the story would go about. But despite the pre-reading excitement, I was a little disappointed by how I found the book after reading it. Or disappointed by how I really felt after reading it...after all the excitement I led myself into.

Trust me, Matt and Hannah had chemistry in spades. Don't get me wrong. And what they had going is sexy as hell. But there was something lacking on how I was connecting to these characters and to their story. But I guess since this was the first book in a trilogy, it's understandable that the foundations of their story are just being laid out and I shouldn't have expected too much. Or I am probably just PMSing, too. Haha!

All in all, it was still an enjoyable read. I guess my expectations were just that high. I am not giving up on MP though because I did enjoy the writing and I sense that what comes after this book is going to be full of promise. Let me just say that now. And the ending to this book? What was that all about? That's leaving a reader hanging in a major, major way. Bring on the second book, por favor.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com