Sunday, August 17

Wingman [Woman] by Bella Jewel

All men have a wingman - it's the bro code.

I'd like to say I fit into that code - only I am missing a certain long, hard member that automatically allows me entrance.

That doesn't matter - because for him I'm the ultimate.

His wingman. 

Well, in the grand scheme of things - his wing-woman.

Reign Braxton. Womaniser. Asshole. Douche of the century. Sexy as sin but as rule would have it - all sexy men have a problem.

Reign is still lusting after the one that got away. 

Enter me. Wing woman of the century, make-ex-jealous extraordinaire.

It's my job. 

Why do I do it, you ask? Simple - money. 

Reign's obsession gives me a good lifestyle.

I am anything he wants me to be, all for a price of course.

But I go and do something incredibly stupid - I fall in love with my boss. My boss who is in love with his ex. 

There are no prizes for second best.


I chose to get this book because the blurb really got me hooked.

Unfortunately, my expectations weren't quite exactly met. If at all. I had some pretty high ones. Reign was really kind of douchy. Although I wondered why I was still surprised when it was all in the blurb, right? But you know how we always hope to have our heroes to be otherwise. False. And then there's Tia. She really started out to be a great character but I hated how she let Reign treat her the way he did. C'mon now, girl. 

I. Don't. Get. It. So there's chemistry and attraction between the two of them but just a big no on how their so-called romantic relationship started, when they started to take their association to the next level. But despite Reign's douchiness, they still managed to have a HEA. Yey. I think they're just right for each other then. Ugh.


Final verdict: 4/10. Meh.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com