Tuesday, November 4

The Prince by Kiera Cass

Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...


So I finally succumbed to my curiosity about The Selection series and have decided to start with this novella. This read was, in fact, a response to a challenge about debut novels or authors I have not read yet..

And I have decided that this was not only a good pick for the challenge but also a good start to the series, in getting to have a short experience about this dystopian world. Sort of like dipping your toes to test the waters. (Especially as I'm not a big fan of dystopian settings.)

I guess it did its job well--it has made me want to go through the rest of the series in a snap...although I have resisted so far. Ugh, the things we have to do when we start a series that isn't done yet. The rest of the available reads are ready on standby though so I'll slowly go through them while waiting for the latest installment to become available.

Nevertheless, this was a great way of starting to get to know Maxon and America. It was great to read about how they already managed to make a connection without consciously knowing about it. And to read all about this other girl in Maxon's past. Hmm, interesting.

KC's writing was surprisingly engaging. I didn't expect that because I already had a bias about how a dystopian read would go about. It felt good to be proven wrong especially in this instance.


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com