Wednesday, October 19

Review: The Player

The Player The Player by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For most of the time while I was reading this book, I couldn't help but compare it to the first two books in the series. What stood out was that this book was the most fairy tale-like out of the three. That's saying something because that was already my impression of the first two.

Because of all that, I didn't really get super excited about the story. I thought that the affair was too over the top, even for me. I wasn't very comfortable with how Victoria's family was using Dmitri for his money, that this was actually their way of living. I was leery about how Dmitri was too generous with Victoria. I was like, seriously? What a life.

And then boom! The twist of all twists happened. I never ever saw that coming. Never. It saved the entire book. Holy smokes, was I played or what? Ahhhhhh.

What I would've really liked was more scenes between Dmitri and Aleksandr. I knew from the first two books in the series that they were not in good terms and I thought that it was one of the more focal points in the entire series. I was looking forward to when the brothers would finally have a talking out. Although incorporated in the narrative, I still felt that I was cheated with a fait accompli. Sigh. Oh, well.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com