Saturday, October 15

Review: The Professional

The Professional The Professional by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! This book was so hard to put down. I have not read any KC before but this made for great initiation.

I loved the in-your-face attraction between Aleksandr and Natalie. I loved how she forced his hand to be true to his lifestyle and despite being a virgin, not the cowering type. You go, girl! The sex was oh-la-la hot but the execution of the plot as a whole was flawless. I enjoyed the touch on Russian mafiya and the mystery surrounding Aleksandr's past was beautifully incorporated into the story.

As a whole, being able to have a single book that has more than the requisite romance is a novelty these days. I have nothing against trilogies and enjoy them occasionally. I also know that this is the first in a series but each book is a standalone. But it's such a relief to have proper closure in a book you totally enjoyed without waiting another few months to see what happened to whom.

Bring me the second book. Stat!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com