Wednesday, October 12

Review: Sugar Free

Sugar Free Sugar Free by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!

How do I even start reviewing this book so that I can give it the justice it deserves? (Pun intended!) When your eyes are bugging out by the second page, you know you are in for a ride. Now, some spoilers are up ahead and read at your own sugary risk.

I admit that I was disappointed when Sela confirmed that she killed JT. You don't want your heroine to be guilty. Ever! When the second book ended, I thought, what were the odds that he would slip on the floor (he had just been beaten quite badly, right?!) and split his skull? Eventually offing himself? But then that scenario was just too convenient and the death would be pointless. In the end, I've made peace with the fact that I was glad that JT saw his end and suffered when he bled to death. Revenge is revenge is revenge.

Now, if you know me, you would know that I watch too much crime documentaries. Ggg. What do you expect from someone who grew up on three CSI shows? So when Beck started getting rid of the evidence, I went into a tizzy! Oh, my God! And then, boom! He got charged. I did not know what to do with myself by that point.

So I'll stop giving any more spoilers at this point because this book needs to read so just do it!!! There was no convenient ending and I think I would've hated it if Beck and Sela got the easy way out. Or if they'd run. I don't think it would've sat comfortably with me. I was glad at how things eventually worked out.

When I started this series, I was expecting somethong cutie patootie because hello, candy pink cover. I also didn't bother checking GR before I started so when I got to the cliffy at the end of the first book, I almost had a heart attack. Oh, was I wrong! So thank you, SB, for this series--so very well thought out with beautifully written characters. I did not expect the ugly cries and my patience waiting book after book. Thank you for a wonderful fictional ride. This series will definitely remain one of my all-time faves. The length of this review is evidence enough of that.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com