Thursday, November 24

Review: Idol

Idol Idol by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although I'm a big fan of KC's The Game Plan series, I really tried not to set high expectations before starting with her series. But it was kind of hard to since, aside from sports romances, rockstar romances are my top favorites.

Fortunately for me, this turned out to be a great read. Although I love rockstar romances, I love them more when the rockstars aren't exceedingly clich├ęd bad boys. I loved how Killian and Libby started out to be friends--although that was after a not-so-very friendly first meeting. Understatement of the year. But there was something genuinely non-rockstar-ly about their relationship and ironically, that was what really drew me into the story.

They each put the other together again and in the need to make sure that the other is happy and enjoying making music, they eventually started to break each other apart again. The lack of proper communication is the root of all evil in romances. Oh, well. The drama wasn't over the top and that's always a good thing.

This was really an enjoyable read. Gggggg, the feels! The rest of the band brought the funny side. So much potential in those secondary characters, too. Looking forward to how the entire series pans out but this was a fabulous way to kick it off. Yay!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com