Tuesday, November 8

Review: Looking Inside

Looking Inside Looking Inside by Beth Kery
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been wanting to read this book ever since I read its blurb. So in the midst of calligraphy projects that I needed to finish last weekend, this was the only book that I managed to finish. Sigh.

I may have set my expectations too high for this story though because no matter how much I tried I just couldn't get comfortable reading it. I liked the characters--hello, Trey Riordan! Whew! Although I was not a big fan of Eleanor, I didn't hate her either. Maybe the prose came off as stilted for me? I don't know, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Yet.

Don't get me wrong though. This was a still a well put together book and the twist was really that, a surprise. I won't be discouraging anyone interested in reading it but I won't be forcing it on anyone either. (Ooops! Yes, I do that to my favorite ones. Sorry, not sorry.)

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com