Thursday, November 3

Review: The Score

The Score The Score by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Going into this book, I was a bit wary since after reading the first two books in the series, I have in mind that 1) Dean usually took his charms to extremes to the point of being douche-y, and 2) Allie was fixture with a boyfriend that was also a fixture. I cannot wrap my head around these two getting together.

But in true EK style, she pulled off this story in spades. And what a story it was! I cannot remember the last time I laughed out loud while reading a book. Ohmygod, Dean's POV was just hilarious. It was absolutely crazy going into his head. That Winston scene in the bathroom was pure gold! I couldn't stop laughing despite being all alone in my room while reading this.

And then, pow! I was crying like a baby. Looking at these books, I never expected ugly crying. This series, 2; me, 0 (thank God G's book did not make me bawl like a baby!). It's always a nice touch that the characters always came out all grown up and winning--Dean chose to be other than what his family expected and Allie stood her ground and did not settle for things just because. These two were such a joy to read. Loooooove them!

Just like Little Dean, this series is a gift just keeps on giving--the series just keeps on getting better!!!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com