Friday, July 13

Review: With This Man

With This Man With This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I learned that there was going to be a fourth Jesse Ward book, I was over the moon. Ecstatic! But then the apprehension came in just as fast. We all know what happens when a movie or book series gets overly drawn out. Good thing I have such high faith in JEM because she never ever disappoints.

Ahhh, more Jesse. Who am I to say no to a super extended epilogue to this man's story? It was still so fun to read about him and Ava and how crazily good they are together. They were still oh so hot together, too! And that's why what happened to Ava was really a whammy to the nth degree. "Losing" the love of your life like that was surely hair-pullingly frustrating for Jesse and for Ava to live through everything that were suddenly unfamiliar was sure to have been scary.

Suffice it to say that I enjoyed this book--all the highs and all the lows. Without giving away any spoiler, I just wanted to say though that I was a bit disappointed with the ending, the true twist. I was able to guess it correctly and there's just some times that you wished you weren't right. This was one of those times for me.

But over all, this is still definitely a reco to everyone who loved reading about Lord Jesse.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com