Tuesday, June 11

Review: The Wild Heir

The Wild Heir The Wild Heir by Karina Halle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Before anything else, lemme just say that I was wild for this book as soon as I saw its cover. I mean, just look at that!

Sadly, that was all that was wild in this read. Based on the synopsis alone, I thought that I was going to enjoy this book more than I did its first companion book, The Swedish Prince. As it turned, I was wrong. It took me some time to get through the entire book. I even went to the point of having to re-read the first part several times over the past few months because I ended up stopping a lot of times. It felt like it just dragged on forever for me.

So I decisively dared reading through everything last weekend--read from the top (again!) and leafed through to the end. I was in dire need to get the book over with and I was more relieved than happy when I finally did.

Despite finally reading everything, I still wasn't able to connect to the main characters. I found Magnus unimpressive and Ella too childish. They might have been sexually compatible but their chemistry didn't leap off the ages worthy of being fanned over. This book would've been an okay read but because I had such high expectations of it, it just turned out to be so-so for me. *shrugs*

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com