Wednesday, January 22

Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren

Escaping a cheating ex, finance whiz Sara Dillon's moved to New York City and is looking for excitement without a lot of strings attached. So meeting the irresistible, sexy Brit at a dance club should have meant nothing more than a night's fun. But the manner--and speed--with which he melts her inhibitions turns him from a one-time hookup and into her Beautiful Stranger.

The whole city knows Max Stella loves women, not that he's ever found one he particularly wants to keep around. Despite pulling in plenty with his Wall Street bad boy charm, it's not until Sara--and the wild photos she lets him take of her--that he starts wondering if there's someone for him outside of the bedroom.

Hooking up in places where anybody could catch them, the only thing scarier for Sara than getting caught in public is having Max get too close in private.


Is it something in the water or was it just the choice of books that I've been reading lately? I couldn't seem to connect to them like I usually do.

I have enjoyed the first book off this series that I was expecting the same thing for this book. But the only thing kept me trudging on page after page for this book is the fact that Max was British. (Hello? Like that needs explaining.)

I really felt Max was Sara's rebound. I don't care if that really wasn't the case but that's the only way I can rationalize their relationship at the start. I just couldn't warm to Sara's character enough to really feel the genuine connection between the two of them. I felt that Max had to force out her feelings from her, to use the word loosely. ***SPOILER*** Sara was the one who lost trust in Max at the first hiccup in their relationship.

But despite that, CL's writing still provided a fun read. I finished the book, didn't I? Despite my feelings of disconnect. This duo kicks ass for sure. The steam is just nom. And the kink that Max and Sara had was actually much better to read that the exhaustive fighting Bennett and Chloe had in the first book. And lastly, I may not have best feelings toward this book when I started reading it, even when I got to the middle-ish part. But the ending pretty much made up for the entire thing.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.



Beautiful Bastard series reviews:

Beautiful Bastard
Beautiful Bitch

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com