Saturday, April 5

Taking A Shot by Jaci Burton

If you want to score, you have to get in the game...

The last thing Jenna Riley needs is more sports in her life. While her brothers are off being athletic superstars, she's stuck running the family's sports bar, whether she likes it or not. Then in walks pro hockey stud Tyler Anderson. As much as Jenna would like to go to the boards with him, she's vowed to never fall for a jock-even one as hot as Ty.

Ty, intrigued by the beautiful bar owner, becomes a regular. He senses that Jenna wants to do something more with her life. And as he gains her trust, the passion between them grows, as does Ty's insistence that Jenna should start living for herself. With his encouragement, Jenna starts to believe it, too...

But first, Jenna has to figure out what she wants, what she needs, who she loves, and if she has the passion and pride to take a shot at having it all-including Ty...


I don't know why but Tyler came out like a brother for me in this book. Yes, he was hot (let's make that cover a guide!) but he just sounded too cute that I really wanted to pinch his cheeks. Like a baby!

So I thought that was going to help me lose interest in the romance aspect of the story. But it kind of added to the appeal because I was rooting for Tyler to come out on top in this story.

When I first met Jenna in the first book of this series, I really didn't know what to make of her character. And I was glad not to make any sort of biases because she turned out to be a great character to read. I personally love sports but a lot of my friends aren't so in reverse, I totally got her predicament in being surrounded by too much of it. Although it started out that she was not going to do anything about it, I loved how she eventually decided to slowly come of her comfort zone. I also liked how Tyler pushed her to really be the person that she was and not to be defined by what was expected of her.

My most favorite part of the book? There wasn't the usual pride that could cause so much drama in the usual stories. When Ty and Jenna had a falling out, there wasn't any childish no-talking-to-each-other part. The willingness to actually talk it out with each other was a good change. Good, good, good.


Final verdict: 8/10. Good read.


Play By Play series reviews:
The Perfect Play
Changing The Game

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com