Wednesday, April 2

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years. Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair. Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? 


Hmmm. Okay. Even two days after I finished this book, my mind is still the same--still not made up about it. In a nutshell, I have two separate reviews for this book.

Let's start with what my fifteen year self would have said. I would probably have loved this book at that age because Liam James would've been the perfect boyfriend material in my eyes. The best-of-friends, knew-each-other-since-childhood will probably always appeal to me. Not to mention that Amber's big brother, Jake, was awesome, too, and I never had a brother so...

But my present (old and boring) self just freaked out at one thing in this book--can you imagine having your sixteen-year old daughter sleep in with an eighteen-year old and have this go on for years? I still couldn't wrap my head around this. You can only imagine what happened! Hahaha! I don't even have kids nor any maternal bone in my body and I was worried.

Nevertheless, I liked the premise of the book. There were some good points--good plot, good characters, good emotions. But the writing can still be improved and be more structured. The not-so-good? I thought that there might have been a lot of twists and surprises for one book--it was like they were crammed in one story and it might not have needed everything that were in it.

But I'm a sucker for epilogues especially the good ones. This book didn't disappoint in that department.


Final verdict: 6/10. Okay read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com