Sunday, June 22

Scoring Wilder by RS Grey

What started out as a joke— seduce Coach Wilder—soon became a goal she had to score. 

With Olympic tryouts on the horizon, the last thing nineteen-year-old Kinsley Bryant needs to add to her plate is Liam Wilder. He's a professional soccer player, America's favorite bad-boy, and has all the qualities of a skilled panty-dropper.

• A face that makes girls weep – check. 
• Abs that can shred Parmesan cheese (the expensive kind) – check. 
• Enough confidence to shift the earth’s gravitational pull – double check.

Not to mention Liam is strictly off limits . Forbidden. Her coaches have made that perfectly clear. (i.e. “Score with Coach Wilder anywhere other than the field and you’ll be cut from the team faster than you can count his tattoos.”) But that just makes him all the more enticing…Besides, Kinsley's already counted the visible ones, and she is not one to leave a project unfinished.

Kinsley tries to play the game her way as they navigate through forbidden territory, but Liam is determined to teach her a whole new definition for the term “team bonding.”


I have been asking for a football, er, soccer romance novel for what felt like forever now so when I first came across this book, I was ecstatic. Over the moon. Uber extra happy. And to think that it was by RS Grey? It was already scoring big with me because I loved the first RS Grey book I read, Behind His Lens. It had been months since then but this book just reminded me that I need to get started on her other stuff already in my TBR pile. Stat.

There are books that you enjoy and then there are books that make you all happy inside. This book was the latter for me. No, both. I was smiling nearly the entire time that I was reading this--whether outside or inside. Amazingly engaging narration and storytelling with the random Harry Potter or Game of Thrones reference thrown in. Who doesn't like when that happens? The main characters are entirely likeable...the others I like to hate.

Okay, although I am not 100% on the side of how Liam and Kinsley's romance started, I am nevertheless cheering for them. (I would like to score Coach Wilder, too.) Good Lord, their chemistry was leaping out of the pages. Eh, my iPad, that is. They were sooo hot together. And this was before the even hotter sex. Kilig is a Filipino word that doesn't have a direct translation in the English language (Google it) but nevertheless, the kilig-factor of this book is just skyrocketing! 

Everyone who knows me know that I have a weakness for footballers but Liam is just so easy to fall in love with. I have never put up celebrity pictures who would make for the ideal main characters in books but I shall make a first for this read because I did have someone in mind while reading this book. And Isco from Spanish club Real Madrid was the Liam in my head. Never mind that he may not fit the exact physical description of the character but everytime his scruff is mentioned...ahh, I just melt. Just look at the guy, for chrissakes! 


(Te amo, bebe. Sigh.)

And the epilogue just melted my insides. Melted me all over. Scrape me off the floor now please. Why oh why do you do this to me, Ms Grey?

Bottomline is, this was an utterly captivating romance and beautiful love story. Call me biased because I love football and any romance associated with it. But this was a definite win for me and my favorites stack. For the footy mad, dare I say, hat trick?


Final verdict: 10/10. I-drowned-in-awesomeness read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com