Sunday, October 12

A Lush Betrayal by Selena Laurence

Joss Jamison has it all. He's the lead singer for the world's hottest rock band, Lush. He's wealthy, sexy, talented...and miserable. Twelve months ago, Joss lost his finely honed control and made a mistake he can't undo. A mistake that could end up costing him his best friend, his band, and maybe his heart.

Mel DiLorenzo has it all. She's been hired to document the world tour of her sister's fiance's rock band. She's gorgeous, talented, loved...and sick of being the little sister. When she agrees to the summer job, Mel has no idea she's walking into a minefield of friendships lost and hearts destroyed. She also has no idea what it means to be the object of Joss Jamison's affections.

One hot rock star plus one life-altering mistake, add a dash of sexy younger sister and a handful of broken hearts, and you've got a recipe for fire. Life on the road can be hot, but for the boys of Lush, it's about to get a whole hell of a lot hotter.


I wasn't really planning on starting with a new rockstar series because I still have one that needed to be finished. But what the heck, I couldn't say no to this book anymore. Rockstars are my weakness, what can I say?

Reading the blurb, I knew what to expect already and if I hadn't, I would have stopped reading as soon as I learned what the heck was going on. I am and I will never be a fan of cheating but my curiousity got the better of me. I was glad that I gave in and read this though.

(Disclaimer: There is a prequel novella to this book but as it tells the story of when Joss and Tammy did their 'big mistake,' I have opted not to read it. I just want to put the incident in the past. It's difficult enough reading about it in reference.)

Joss may have fancied himself in love with Tammy but I still found it hard to understand why they did what they did to betray to Walsh. But there wasn't time time to judge them as it was clear that what happened was an accident, that circumstances pushed them to do it. That fact that both of them were genuinely guilty made it easier for me to take in Joss and Mel's eventual relationship.

It was a relief to read about Joss moving on with Mel. Although at the back of my head, I hated it that he was getting a HEA while Tammy was still struggling with her guilt. And when the truth finally came out into the open...boom! The characters were a mess. I was a mess. A rockstar romance was making me cry, damn it! But the best thing about the blowout was that in the aftermath, Tammy and Mel remained to be great sisters. And Joss was able to reconnect with his father. The blowout was really a catalyst of many things.

This was a surprising great read about family, love, loyalty, forgiveness, and redemption while in the backlash of betrayal. This book is not for those looking for a light romance read. Expect yourself to start asking yourself what you really value most.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great, must read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com