Thursday, January 1

Beast (Part 2) by Ella James

Continue the dark, erotic journey of Annabelle, the warden's daughter, and the man she's pined for since her girlhood. No longer Cal Hammond, actor, Beast is a brutal man who runs the prison's gangs from behind a shroud of secrecy and lies. Can Annabelle's love save him from his tainted past, or will his deceit ruin both of them?


I am all for a bit of sexy fun and I won't say no to reading a bit of smut. That was what I was thinking when I started reading this serial. Unfortunately, I forgot to remember that this was a modern version of a fairy tale and when it was put into the mix, it got pretty weird to me. Fast.


I mean, the Beast and Annabelle's attraction to each other as well as their chemistry was enjoyable to read but I just wasn't feeling the setting, that their affair started in a prison. Granted they did have a past, years before, but all I can think of was Prison Break and T-Bag causing trouble.


I have to internalize (hard!) that this was based on Beauty and the Beast but I was not entirely convinced with the plot. But then it is supposed to be a modern fairy tale. You'll just have to take it from there.



Final verdict: 6/10. Okay read.



Beast series reviews:

Beast (Part 1)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com