Saturday, February 7

Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras

He was my older brother's best friend. 
He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate it.


How do I review this book without going over-the-top gushy? Yes, from the blurb to that pretty, pretty, pretty cover to just an all-around great read, I just can't stop loving this book. The idea of the story alone already made me want to melt into a puddle.

This was a great read. This was an awesome read. I always love it when the main characters have a long history together and this was a great take on that angle. It was kind of tough reading about how they had to grow up before they could have their time, especially Elle. Oliver was sometimes not the best hero but he had his moments and those were the best ones.

This was my total feel-good of the week. I loved CC's trope--it wasn't hard to read and made for some really comfortable storytelling. I loved how the POV was put together--the main story was Elle's while the past was in Oliver's. It showed just what their story was all through the years, without any bias. The only reason why I am not giving this book a perfect ten was because of that one missing important part--what did Oliver, Elle's brother Victor, and her dad talk about after they were found out? I know later on in the book that Oliver mentioned that they managed to hash things out...but how?! I want to know everything. Tell meee. Hahaha!

To top it off, this book also had some interesting secondary characters. Victor, Elle's bestfriend Mia, and Victor and Oliver's friend Jenson made their mark as well. I know this is a standalone but it wouldn't hurt if those three also get books of their own.


Final verdict: 9/10. Great read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com