Thursday, March 26

New Year In Manhattan by Louise Bay

Anna and Ethan are separated by the Atlantic Ocean. Their previous rules no longer apply.

In order to make things work, Anna needs to let go of her past and take a risk with Ethan. Ethan needs to learn how to deal with the ambiguity of a relationship.

Long-distance relationships are never easy and their situation is fragile. For how long can it survive under the pressure of separation? Are either of them prepared to give up what they have for the other?


But distance isn’t the only obstacle Anna and Ethan face. Ultimately they have to decide whether they want to share a future together.


This last book in this series just proved just how much I have fallen in love with LB's writing. I had sexy to funny to romantic to quirky to heartbreaking in a snap. This review may have been long time coming but I had the best time reading this series. 

Ethan and Anna always had the most amazing chemistry to read. That was never more so than in this book. If I had never said in my reviews for the other parts of this series how real this story was, then let me say it now. A love story doesn't have to have all the extreme scenarios and plots and conflicts for it to be memorable. Sometimes it's the little things that matter. And that was how LB made this series extra special--she wove simpler situations together into this series and came up with a story that anyone can easily relate to.

I may be biased because Anna was a girl that was after my heart--I myself don't want to get married, in general. But I know that in the back of my mind, when the right one comes along and makes me want to overcome the apprehensions I have regarding the institution, I will undoubtedly say yes.

And what can I say about Ethan? Seriously, I love this guy. Even when his heart was breaking, he put on a brave front and still tried his very best to make Anna happy. Do guys like him even exist in real life anymore? I hope so. I really hope so.


Final verdict: 10/10. Great unforgettable read.


Empire State Trilogy series reviews:
A Week In New York
Autumn In London

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com