Wednesday, June 29

Review: Fat

Fat Fat by Sam Crescent
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was intrigued about this novella as soon as I've read its blurb. I liked the more current theme because fat-shaming had become rampant of late. So I was really looking forward to reading this one.

Unfortunately, I did not get the full satisfaction I had expected after the reading it. I did not know where to lean on because I was distracted by a lot of things. The most glaring one being that even if the main characters were both high schoolers, the narration did not sound like they were. They sounded too adult to the point that there were instances when I would forget that I was reading a high school romance.

I am still in the lookout for that memorable book with this same theme. Any recommendations are welcome.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com