Saturday, July 16

Review: Made in America

Made in America Made in America by Jamie Deschain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just really intended to take a peek at the first few pages of this book before planning to go through it sometime later. But that prologue got me...so I ended up reading the entire thing on an early Saturday morning.

This was a really nice surprise to kick off my weekend. The title and the blurb did not prepare me enough for this story. Although there were some points that were a bit extreme--Grant fired his current assistant so that he can give Raven a job and there relationship started off a bit quickly for my taste. Not to mention that Grant was a tad douche-y on their first meeting had my eyebrows raising. But then without that then there would be no story.

This book turned out more okay than I had expected. I did not expect the conflict was going to be going that sad. I felt Grant and Raven's connection and all that emotion. The fact that this story was told in dual POV made me appreciate better the more important aspects of the story.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com