Thursday, September 15

Review: milk and honey

milk and honey milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I started on this book a while back and even though I knew this was going to be a very quick read, it actually took quite some time to finish it. I have not always been a fan of poetry and these types of books always take a backseat to my romance novels.

Now, this book was a win. After having just read an excerpt from it all those months ago, I finally decided to read the entire thing. This was a powerful reading, an in-your-face telling about the realities of life, reminiscent of the Vagina Monologues. Although this book screams of feminine power, I took it as something for all genders because it was. You do not have to be a woman to go through what the speaker in this book did, you just have to be human who was experiencing life.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com